Job Coach - SEP - TEP - 53403 WCD Supported Employment SB
Company: Goodwill Southern California
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands
of individuals into sustainable employment through programs and
services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino
counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and
the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been
transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years.
Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds
generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation
centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the
public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving
organization and yet we have never been more focused - on our
mission, on our people, and on our future. It's always a GOOD day
in SoCal! Primary Responsibility / Summary Provides supervision to
clients with developmental disabilities to ensure that they are
able to reach the stabilization point on their jobs.Oversees client
work performance in individual or group/enclave placements and
provides hands on assistance where necessary.Goodwill Southern
California greatly values our employees' health and well-being. Per
company Policy, all our employees are required to be fully
vaccinated for Covid 19. Essential Duties &Responsibilities
- Oversees daily cleaning tasks throughout all facilities as
- Enforces compliance with safety rules and regulations.
- Maintains communication between clients, Supported Employment
Program Manager, and Contract Coordinator.
- Provides daily/weekly/monthly progress reports on each
- Provides a list of inventory items that are needed for
- Performs Productivity Measurements in compliance with Company
policy and the Department of Labor.
- Redirects and intervenes with clients in order to keep them
focused on performing on task behaviors.Additional Duties
- Other duties and special projects as assigned. Supervisory
- This job has limited supervisory responsibilities for
clients.Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with
the organization's policies and applicable laws.Responsibilities
include appraising performance and progress; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
problems. Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Education &Experience
- 1 year of relevant experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- None required. Other Educational Skills &Abilities
- Must have basic knowledge of computer programs in a Windows
environment, including Word, Excel and E-mail. English Language
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
manuals.Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.Ability
to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
organization. Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals.Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw
and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.Computer Skills
- Database software
- Spreadsheet software
- Word Processing software Physical Demands The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment No special vision requirements. The physical,
mental & environmental conditions in which the work is performed.
The work environment characteristics described are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this position.Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Moderate noise Other Qualifications
- Experience working with persons with developmental
disabilities.ADA Knowledge desirable.
- Possesses a valid driver's license and state-required auto
- Required to travel once a week (less than 25% of the
- This position may require some travel.
- Shift flexibility and overtime when needed.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Spanish / English bilingual preferred.
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
- Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates
fully in carrying out its mission.
- Adheres to Goodwill's values of Respect, Integrity, Service, &
Excellence. Required Training
- New Hire Orientation (for all new hire employees)
- AB1825: Harassment Prevention training
- Effective Communication
- Managing Difficult Situations
- Safely Surrendered Baby Law- annually
- Mandated Reporter Status - annually
- HIPAA Training
- Monthly Safety Training
- CPR/First Aid - bi-annually
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI)
- Values and Diversity Training
- Corporate Compliance
- Any other training required by law, funders and the Company.
Values-Based Work Environment Notice Goodwill Southern California
provides a values-based work environment for our employees.All
individuals are expected to support and promote our values:
- We treat everyone with respect, compassion and inclusion,
recognizing their contributions and differences.
- We conduct business with transparency, integrity and
- We serve, empower and advocate for our clients, community,
business partners and each other.
- We pursue a vision of excellence and continuous improvement to
better the lives of those we serve. The above description is not
intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of the duties and
responsibilities of the job described, nor is it intended to be
such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Rather, it is intended only to describe the general nature of the
Employee Signature Printed NameDate Pre-Employment Testing
- Drug Screen
- Background Check
- Employment Verification
- Live Scan
- COVID 19 vaccination Goodwill Industries in Southern California
is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for
employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran
status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an
applicant under the law, please click here: Goodwill gives
preferential consideration to persons with barriers to employment.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Equal Employment
Opportunity Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment
opportunity for applicants and employees. Employment decisions will
comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in
employment including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the
Age Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and
any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities In furtherance of
our commitment to end discrimination against qualified disabled
individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of Section 504
of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities
Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the
rights of qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that
no program or activity administered by it shall exclude from
participation, deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any
individual solely by reason of his or her disability. Equal
employment opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled
persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship,
including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion,
transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further
affirm that we will provide reasonable accommodation to the known
physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled
employee or applicant. It is the policy of Goodwill to provide
reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities
who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need
assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability,
please notify the Human Resources Department. Employment
opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to
make reasonable accommodations for a disability. Other details
- Job Family :WCD
- Pay Type :Hourly
Keywords: Goodwill Southern California, Chino , Job Coach - SEP - TEP - 53403 WCD Supported Employment SB, Education / Teaching , Chino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!