Quality Assurance Manager
Company: Specialty Enzymes & Probiotics
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Specialty Enzymes & Probiotics is a leading global manufacturer
of probiotics and enzymes with over 35 years of experience in the
The ideal candidate is a critical thinker who will proactively
improve the quality systems of the company through internal audits,
participation in process improvement programs, and interaction with
key partners to obtain constructive feedback. Background in dietary
supplements is ideal. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide quality leadership in support of all quality programs,
including production and distribution of quality products,
continuous improvement initiatives, compliance with GMP (Good
Manufacturing Practices) and all regulatory and legal
- Manage a team of quality specialists
- Responsible at all times for promoting a safety culture and
safety awareness within their area of responsibility. Support all
plant safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Manage audits of manufacturing sites to ensure proper
compliance and alignment with established requirements.
- Report, investigate, respond to and resolve manufacturing
quality issues and maintains documentation on corrective
- Partner with R&D to support new product development
specification and commercialization.
- Support all processes to resolve product holds in a timely
manner to minimize adverse financial impact and prevent inventory
- Assists with other projects, as needed. Minimum Requirements:
Minimum five years' experience with oversight on quality assurance
processes related to dietary supplements, food or other related
capacity. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Science.
- Bachelor's degree in quality management, food science or other
equivalent biological sciences
- Ability to lead a team
- cGMP (NSF), PCQI, GFSI or QA auditing certification and/or SQF
practitioner is a plus
- Knowledge of Dietary supplements, Food GMPs, FSMA, HAACP.
- Work experience in the manufacturing of food, dietary
supplements, and/or personal care products preferred
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements at manufacturing
level, specifically 21 CFR 111 and 117 associated with dietary
supplements and food products.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple
priorities and strong attention to detail.
- Computer skills including MS Office programs such as Outlook,
Word, Excel PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate
- Strong leadership abilities and skills as a team builder,
coach, and mentor.
- Self-motivated and strong analytical / problem solving
- Ability to collaborate at all levels of the organization and
across other functional areas.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Preferred knowledge of the consumer product goods industry.
Why Join Us?
- Excellent work-life balance in a friendly environment.
- There are many opportunities for growth. The Company is
well-established for over 35 years, but rapidly growing and
passionate about the future. Get all the benefits of a startup with
the resources of a large one.
- Exceptional benefits, including 401(k) with profit sharing,
medical, dental, vision, pet insurance, and free
chiropractic/acupuncture insurance. The Company takes benefits very
seriously, and spends a lot of energy each year figuring out how to
deliver the best benefits possible to their employees.
- Work with a science-oriented company that is making measurable
impact on people's health and well-being.
Keywords: Specialty Enzymes & Probiotics, Chino , Quality Assurance Manager, Executive , Chino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!