Sr. Manager, Assistant General Manager
Company: Premium Retail Services
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Loading Please Wait chino, CA Date Updated: February 16, 2021 Job
Level: Management Job Type: Full-Time/Regular Years of Experience:
2 - 5 Years Travel: Not Specified Level of Education: BA/BS Job
Tracking ID: 85329-315308 Invite a friend
Carter's, OshKosh, and Skip Hop stores are conducting interviews
virtually and in-person. Interviews may take place via video and
candidates will be notified of this when scheduling interviews. Job
Description Carter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North
America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The
Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the
most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in
leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers
domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more
than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada,
and Mexico and online at www.carters.com , www.oshkosh.com , and
www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids
brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is
available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on
Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop, a global lifestyle brand
for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in
Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at
www.carters.com . As the Carters distribution network continues to
thrive on the west coast, we are looking for a solutions-oriented,
relationship-driven Sr. Manager, Assistant General Manager to join
our leadership team in Chino, CA. The Sr. Manager, Assistant
General Manager will serve as a key onsite leader and liaison
between the Carters supply chain organization and our 3PL partners
to manage the day-to-day operations and ensure all key distribution
goals and initiatives are met with best-in-class service to our
customers. The ideal candidate is an experienced distribution
leader with a proven ability to drive process improvements, reduce
costs, improve speed-to-market, and enhance the customer
experience. They will work to become a subject matter expert on
customer expectations and will drive results through clear,
proactive communication and strong relationship-building.
Manage/coordinate all DC operations.
- Coordinate the flow of work across all channels of business by
collaborating with the Operations and Support leadership to
maximize efficiency, service levels and accuracy.
- Properly utilize resources, equipment, technology and facility
for all distribution operations (inbound, inventory control,
quality control and outbound functions).
- Understand and achieve all functional area performance metrics
(service, cost, quality and accuracy) for all channels of
- Know and achieve productivity targets while maintaining high
levels of safety, quality, accuracy, service and morale.--
- Understand and own the daily workload/workflow for your
specific functional area and shift (inbound, outbound and returns)
and make sound business adjustments to ensure your functional area
is operating at most efficient model.
- Model and promote teamwork across all functional areas and with
all shift departments and functions.
- Understand and constantly use continuous improvement
methodology to increase, quality, accuracy service and safety while
- Develop and enforce standard operating procedures and daily
work guidelines and processes that optimize operation.
- Ensure the day-to-day operations of your functional area run
smoothly and efficiently (meeting/exceeding all performance metrics
while displaying top leadership behaviors).
- Leads projects
- Leads data collection, analysis and visualization
- Conduct monthly and quarterly performance reviews on DC
operations (addressing metrics and DC performance).
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with internal business
partners (customer service, planning, quality, business units,
- Direct report will include carters associates assigned to the
- Actively own safety (incidents, near misses, accidents,
awareness, etc.) through full participation in all safety related
matters (meetings, supporting initiatives, investigations,
- Work closely with peers and support staff to develop goals and
objectives that align with shift/facility/corporate goals and
objectives. Experience and Skills
- Bachelors degree in a related field, preferred.
- 2-5 years of logistics experience with a preference of 1-3
years in the apparel distribution functional area. Experience with
Wholesale and Retail distribution preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of inbound and outbound
transportation processes and carrier relationships
- Experience working with planning and customer service
- Strong customer compliance experience
- Experience working within a sophisticated Information
Technology (IT) structure
- Experience working a high volume, fast-paced Supply Chain
- Strong analytical and leadership skills required
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
- Solid understanding and knowledge of the latest distribution
center technologies (Manhattan warehouse management systems (WMS),
radio-frequency scanners, warehouse control systems (WCS),
- Solid working knowledge of all Microsoft Office
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize
- Proven ability in making sound business decisions (focus on the
- Proven leadership ability (focus on being proactive,
leading/driving change, repeatedly achieving given goals,
motivating people, coaching/developing people and being a good
follower - disagree and commit).
- Strong customer-focus (demonstrated success in identifying,
understanding, aligning, delivering and following-up with internal
and external customers).
- Demonstrated success working within a matrix organization and
team environment while meeting/exceeding expectations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and evening or weekend
- Demonstrated success with multi-tasking and the ability to
adapt to ever-changing environment while maintaining clear focus on
all priorities. Carters is committed to creating a diverse
environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity,
sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age,
veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or
Visit https://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today
Keywords: Premium Retail Services, Chino , Sr. Manager, Assistant General Manager, Executive , Chino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!