General Manager (Chino Campus)
Company: NFI Industries
Posted on: April 3, 2021
The--General Manager is responsible for the operation and
financial performance by providing direction and leadership to
exempt and non-exempt associates at this facility. This position is
responsible for developing and leading a team that will manage the
employee performance, inventory, vendor, carrier, and customer
relationships. This role is ultimately responsible for ensuring
that orders are selected accurately and packed/shipped without
damage for timely delivery. This position reports to the Director
of Warehouse Operations. Operations Management
- Ensures operational procedures for executing activities for
incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of
products, and keeping the highest standards of inventory accuracy
- Develops and manages a comprehensive strategy for the facility
by shaping requirements, assessing deliverables and utilizing
resources to help eliminate process problems.
- Plans long-term labor needs based on sales, forecasts and
- Conducts analysis of workload compared to labor hours and
- Manages between 1-2 dedicated customers in the same building or
public accounts in the warehouse.
- Typically manages 100,000 - 500,000 square feet of facilities
and up to 100 employees during non-peak times.
- Collaborates with teams from other facilities to share
knowledge, problem solve
- Responsible for facility P&L and budget preparation.
- Audits all billing activity for accuracy. Properly signs and
authorizes all purchase order requisitions, vouchers and customer
- Ensures proper percentage of labor is charged to respective
departments to ensure proper factoring is achieved to identify
- Reports out on locations financial and operational
- Conducts monthly review of aging for accounts receivable and
works closely with the Director and Corporate office to recover
balances in a timely fashion.
- Conducts annual review of customer contracts, determining and
recommending annual increases to the Regional Vice-President and
Director of Business Development.
- Drives continuous improvements to safety, quality, cost and
delivery while growing and expanding capabilities within the
warehouse. Employee Relations/Development
- Ensures the daily pre-shift meetings cover previous
productivity, operational problems, forecasting workload and any
other pertinent company information.
- Ensures proper staffing and support hiring for all facility
- Ensures all new employees are properly on-boarded; completing
required paperwork and following a structured training
- Produces and effectively communicates department goals and
individual performance goals that ensure the facility achieves
- Manages and maintains good human resources practices with
direct reports, and adherence to established corporate and
department policies and procedures
- Works with Human Resources to resolve employee relation issues,
discipline actions, problem resolution and terminations.
- Travels to other warehouses and participates in department or
company meetings, as necessary
- Provides feedback, coaching, guidance, and recognition to
enhance other's skill development.--
- Plays an active role in employee development and talent
- Acts as a role model for the department in support of corporate
mission, vision, and values.
- Provides regular coaching and feedback on performance, prepares
and presents formal performance appraisals and make recommendations
and approve annual compensation increases.
- Exhibits a commitment to self-development by staying current on
information, tools, and systems. Safety and Security
- Implements safety and sanitation schedules that ensure the
facilities compliance with corporate, OSHA, FDA, AIB or ASI
- Coordinates all alarm-monitoring systems and reviews sprinkler
- Ensures the safe, clean and efficient operation of the facility
to meet service standards
- Actively supports and participates in all safety initiatives in
- Performs safety observations to coach employees on safety
- Prevents associate incident and injury by overseeing accident
investigations, assessing root cause analysis and implementing
necessary improvements Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business or related field,
or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient
to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the
- At least 7-10 years' overall experience and experience in
managing a 100,000+ sq ft warehouse/distribution center with total
revenues up to 1m
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (Manhattan
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of warehouse / mechanical equipment
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, FDA regulations and the
willingness to become certified in one or more of these areas as
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.--
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in
- Experience with seasonal work forces is a plus, but not
- Experience with or desire to learn performance metrics, process
improvement, and Lean/Six Sigma tools.
- Excellent talent management and team building skills
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal, and written communication
- Excellent customer service skills specifically with external
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills Other:
- Must be on-call for alarm system or problems during off work
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours
including nights, weekends and holidays as needed by the
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Lift and move totes up to 50 pounds.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below
the waist and above the head.
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency;
facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise
levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation and able to
access all areas of building without limitations. To all agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of NFI about this
opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies
to any employee at NFI via-email, the internet or in any form
and/or method will be deemed the sole property of NFI, unless such
search firms/employment agencies were engaged by NFI for this
position and a valid agreement with NFI is in place. In the event a
candidate who was submitted outside of the NFI agency engagement
process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid. Email
this job to: To share this job with a friend, please provide their
name and email address below. Get tailored job recommendations
based on your interests. Location KUTZTOWN, PA, USA Category
Warehouse / Distribution Location COMPTON, CA, USA Category
Warehouse / Distribution Location Chino, CA, USA Category
Facilities / Security Location PERRIS, CA, USA Category Warehouse /
Distribution Location Chino, CA, USA Category Information
Technology TRIAD1828 CENTRE
2 Cooper Street Camden, NJ 08102
Keywords: NFI Industries, Chino , General Manager (Chino Campus), Executive , Chino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!