Company: Harrington Industrial Plastics
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Harrington Industrial Plastics is the leading distributor of
industrial plastic piping, serving all industries with corrosive
and high-purity applications for 60 years. With over 50 locations,
Harrington is a trusted leader in offering versatile products to
meet the needs of a multitude of industrial and high purity
applications. Harrington's focus on industry requirements,
specifications, and high-quality craftsmanship are what makes us
outstanding in this industry. These things, in addition to our
dedicated, technically-oriented sales force, and serviceability in
virtually every major market in the United States have all
contributed to our success.Here at Harrington we realize that our
greatest asset is our amazing team members, which is why we are
dedicated to offering endless opportunities for growth and
- Assists the Director of Accounting with the management of all
- Provides leadership to finance and accounting team regarding
all technical accounting questions and update the organization on
changes to critical accounting policies and procedures.
- Manages the general accounting function, which includes
inter-company accounting, cash management & reconciliation,
financial reporting, balance sheet management, and employee stock
- Ensures quality control over financial transactions and
- Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of the financial
reporting and general ledger structure and reviews monthly
reconciliations and journal entries to assure accurate financial
information is generated in accordance with GAAP and policies and
procedures and proper internal controls are in place.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in
accordance with US GAAP and support compilation of MD&A.
Communicates financial metrics to senior management.
- Acts as point of contact between the Company and our
independent accounting firm regarding all annual audits, and other
financial reporting matters.
- Ensures that the computer system continues to operate as
required involved validating and designing suggested changes to
ensure accounting requirements continue to be met.
- Ensures that the accounting department is staffed with
qualified financial personnel capable of meeting the objectives and
responsibilities, noted above. Responsible for the continued
development of these associates. Perform other related duties as
assigned or requested.
- Participates in initiatives and special projects as required by
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting plus CPA certification.
- MBA or CMA is preferred.Requirement:
- Management experience required, with a proven track record of
successful people management.
- Minimum ten years of combined Public Accounting and Private
Industry accounting experience within a multi-site business.
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental
- Ability to effectively prioritize work, establish and execute
plans to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and work under pressure
with strong attention to details is required.
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing
financial plans within a large scale distribution environment
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls and financial
- Strong computer skill, proficient in Microsoft office suite and
advanced skill in Excel.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are mandatory.
When it comes to benefits, Harrington
has everything you'd expect and much more! Our comprehensive total
compensation package is designed to attract and retain the best
employees. We consistently search for unique ways to improve our
employees overall health: physically, financially and
- Medical plans include PPO and HDHP/HSA with annual company
- Comprehensive dental with orthodontic benefits
- Vision with Lasik discounts
- Free 24/7/365 telehealth & concierge benefits with prescription
services in (all states) when enrolled on the medical plan
- Voluntary pet care benefits to care for furry family
- Voluntary identity protection against emerging threats
- Company paid life insurance with voluntary personal and
dependent election options
- Supplemental insurance options include critical illness,
accident and, hospital indemnity
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short and Long-Term DisabilityRetirement and Savings:
- 401(k) and Roth retirement benefits with 100% vested company
match up to 4%
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent
- 3 weeks PTO with growing accruals up to 5 weeks/year
- 7 holidays including New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence
Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Friday following Thanksgiving and
- Jury/Witness Duty
- BereavementOther Perks:
- Savings on home and auto insurance
- Wellness incentive programs with gift card benefits up to
- Free weight loss & lifestyle programs
- Company wide wellness challenges with opportunities to
participate and earn rewards
** Employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion
of a pre-employment drug screening/physical and background
investigation **Harrington is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national
origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: Harrington Industrial Plastics, Chino , Accounting Manager, Executive , Chino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!