Supply Chain Director
Posted on: November 17, 2021
JOB DESCRIPTIONPakLab, a leader in the contract manufacturing
industry seeks an experienced Supply Chain Manager at our Chino
location. The Supply Chain Manager will provide supervisor support
to the Customer Service, Planning and Purchasing teams, tactical
support to Production and functional leadership of the related
business processes. The role will interface directly with the
Project Management Team, Continuous Improvement, Production
Management and Sales to insure customer orders are delivered on
time and expectations are met.Directly supervises management and
non-exempt employees within their respective departments in
Material Planning, Procurement, and Customer Service. This position
is the link between plant operations client and vendor with daily
interaction with executive leadership. This position receives
direction from the Director of Operations and interfaces directly
across all functional areas. The SCM is designed to insure customer
orders are delivered on time, while meeting expectations.DUTIES AND
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with supply
- Partner with R&D to identify and source new suppliers with
- Perform supplier visits.
- Negotiate and supply contracts for commodities, packaging or
- Ensure issues with suppliers are addressed using the correct
methods of confirming corrective action reports are obtained and
- Support cross-functional teams in the supplier selection
- Develop work processes to support the optimization of the ERP
system, specifically supporting the full execution of MRP, MPS and
- Utilize rough cut capacity planning model for level loading
plant as well as ordering and inventory management purposes.
- Own the role of Sage Super User and identify system tools and
functionality to implement better planning purchasing and
- Help create integrated processes among operations, procurement,
planning and outside suppliers to execute the
- Support the successful introduction of new products into
- Ensure issues with clients are addressed using the correct
methods ensuring corrective action reports are created and issued
- Implement regular business reviews with strategic clients and
suppliers to perform routine scorecard reviews.
- Develop work instructions and other training materials to
support the optimization of departmental routines, these are:
daily, weekly, monthly, reports to complete job functions, business
review agendas, scorecards, safety stock, pricing calendars,
consistent approach in customer dealing and planning
- Develop goals for departments for Planning, Purchasing and
Customer Service and measure actual performance against these goals
and present results to leadership.
- Implement strategies to improve performance of employees as
well as effectiveness, engagement, accuracy and efficiency.
- Provide mentoring guidance to all subordinates, management or
otherwise, across all aspects of their job function. Support the
development of best practices, including completion of annual
appraisals, individual development plans and succession
- Establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to
supply chain, planning and customer service. These include: total
cost reduction as a percentage of spend, total cost avoidance as a
percentage of spend, margin reports and customer trends.SKILLS AND
- Possess the ability to motivate and maintain effective working
relationships with staff and executive leadership.
- Ability to successfully work to reach company goals in an
environment in which a wide degree of creativity and latitude are
- Ability to rely on experience and judgement to plan and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment while
exhibiting positive behavior.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer software skills - MS Office and company ERP
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical
management.WORK EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Supply Chain
- Related Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management
or Business, MBA or Master's Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the development, use and
implementation of planning and forecasting systems.
- Previous Customer Service management experience required.
- In-depth experience in material planning and procurement,
inventory control and management, production planning, setting
production requirements and managing execution, material movement
and service level negotiations.
- Experience with Six-Sigma or Lean Manufacturing preferable.Job
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to FridayCOVID-19 considerations:All individuals are
required to wear a mask, complete a COVID questionnaire w/daily
temperature screening, company follows social distancing practices.
Common surfaces are sanitized regularly via wiping and misting,
hand sanitizing stations are available.Work Location: One
Keywords: PakLab, Chino , Supply Chain Director, Executive , Chino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!