VP of Logistics
Company: CS Recruiting
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Launched in 2019, our client has become the exclusive purchasers
for China's second largest linerboard producer.
VP of Logistics -
The VP of Logistics will be responsible for managing day to day
operations of the logistics department and developing the vision
and roadmap to support the long-term strategy and future growth of
the Company. This position will involve managing the internal
logistics team as well as the external partners including the
maintenance of relationships with ocean freight providers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Develop the long-term logistics strategies to support the
growth of the organization in a cost-effective manner while
improving service and reliability.
- Negotiate contracts with the ocean freight providers and ensure
its operation capacity is available and sufficient to support the
shipping requirements of company buyers.
- Develop and implement the best practices to drive efficiency,
reduce cost, and improve service.
- Identify, develop and implement shipping visibility tools to
proactively manage the logistics network.
- Manage export containers by the execution of a pre-booking and
booking plan coordinating with the major teams of the company.
- Manage ocean spot and contracts for optimization.
- Manage the allocation of containers within origin and carrier
assignment to ensure divisional needs are met and in line with
- Create transportation capacity strategies and develop
contingency plans to support varying levels of company demands in
the cost effective manner and deal with the changes to
- Work with divisions to monitor and adjust capacity as
- Ensure best rates are quoted for expedited services when
- Partner with the Finance team to manage and report on all cost
associated with logistics and develop strategies to mitigate
financial risk as needed.
- Develop and utilize key performance indicators (KPIs), metrics
and periodic reporting to help driving execution, process
uniformity and compliance across all divisions, regions, and with
all transportation providers.
- Manage the customs compliance program and ensure adherence to
all governmental policies.
- Ensure the talent is exceeding the company's expectations and
provide development path and coaching for the team members.
- Develop customer service mentality for the team towards our
customer group and drive the team to exceed expectations.
- Build relationship and trust with cross functional
- Build team culture of continuous improvement.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering or
- 10+ years of experience in managing large logistics
organization in a multi-divisional environment.
- Solid management and execution experience from the large
international ocean freight companies.
- Proven experience with managing large logistics organizations
with similar complexity.
- Experience with Supply Chain Systems, including but not limited
to ERP systems.
- Demonstrated track record of successful project deployments
with quantifiable results.
- Ability to manage day to day operations, and multiple cross
functional projects simultaneously and determine priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize data and metrics to drive
decision making and optimization.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and
This position offers a competitive base salary
Related to: -Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic
Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International,
International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs
Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, -Ocean Export, Ocean
Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers,
International, Customs, CTPAT, -freight operations, customer
service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching,
post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery,
-Director, Regional Director, Senior Director, Leadership, Leader,
-VP, Vice President, Regional Vice President, President, Executive,
Keywords: CS Recruiting, Chino , VP of Logistics, Executive , Chino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!