Company: Canyon Ridge Hospital
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Responsible for overseeing the delivery of quality general and
psychiatric nursing care to children, adolescents, adults, and
geriatrics with emotional or psychiatric disorders; serve actively
and constructively as a member of the multi-disciplinary treatment
team, supporting the organization and program philosophy of care;
to ensure the safety and well-being of each patient. Provides
leadership and assists nursing staff with problem solving regarding
patient care and personnel related issues during scheduled shift.
Oversees staffing and unit assignments to ensure adequate staffing
in compliance with staffing and acuity guidelines.
Possesses current RN's license issued by the State of California;
demonstrates sound leadership skills and utilizes these skills in
organizing the activities and schedules for medical and/or
non-medical tasks of the patient for a given shift; record of
consistently high quality of clinical and interpersonal skills to
be an exemplary role model to others; displays basic knowledge of
treatment procedures; interventions common to acute psychotic as
well as to non-violent crises intervention practice; basic
knowledge of abnormal psychology as typically found in the
psychiatric patient population; application of this knowledge to
nursing care; basic knowledge of medical terminology especially
those terms associated with psychiatric care; thorough familiarity
of psych pharmacy and the use of psychotropic medications; basic
teaching and training skills helpful; problem-solving;
organizational and time management; crisis intervention skills;
written and oral communication skills; skills in facilitating
and/or co-facilitating process orientated and didactic groups;
eligible for CPR and PMAB certification; skills in establishing and
maintaining effective working relationships in a variety of
clinical and support team members; empathy for patients and their
families; flexibility regarding hours and schedule worked; skills
in maintaining information as highly confidential. Experience with
RESPONSIBILITIES/STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
* Adheres to facility standards concerning conduct, dress,
attendance, punctuality, and meal & rest breaks.
* Maintains confidentiality of facility employees and patient
* Adheres to facility and department policies and procedures and
complies with the Corporate Compliance Program and the Standards of
* Maintains proper boundaries when interacting with patients and
their families, visitors, professional staff, vendors, and
* Offers and accepts constructive feedback in peer and supervisory
relationships modifies behavior in response to feedback.
* Adaptability/Flexibility: Easily adjusts to changes in routine,
assignments, and company/client needs.
* Demonstrates initiative by voluntarily recommending resourceful,
alternative, or original ideas/procedures for work improvement or
* Demonstrates effective time management skills by prioritizing
tasks, anticipating needs, and making adjustments.
* Quality of work: Assignments are accurate, complete, and comply
* Customer Service
* Supports facility internal and external customer service
standards by demonstrating excellent guest relations in
communication, cooperation and in giving assistance to patients,
clinicians, co-workers and visitors in a prompt and courteous
* Maintains a positive working relationship with co-workers by
demonstrating a "team player" approach.
* Maintains only appropriate interpersonal communication with other
staff members, patients, visitors, and clinicians
* Cultural Diversity
* Recognizes that everyone is uniquely multicultural, belonging to
many subgroups, which define the person's belief system, behavior,
language, work ethic, etc.
* Is able to identify instances where one's own cultural, ethnic
bias impact decision-making and behavior and makes an effort to
reduce these occurrences.
* Shows an awareness of differences in communication styles,
cultural and spiritual values, and work ethics. Shows an ability to
refrain from ethnocentric behavior and does not assume everyone is,
"just like me". Avoids judging others by one's own code of
* Completes competency tests, programs, and self-assessments as
* Attends all mandatory facility inservices, department meetings,
training and staff development activities as required.
* Maintains and forwards up-to-date documentation of
certifications, registrations and licenses to Human Resources for
placement in employment records.
Safety Rules And Procedures/Infection Control
* Complies with safety and security policies and procedures,
including reporting of incidents and injuries and responding to
* Keeps workspace clean and free of work hazards, follows hospital
hazard communication program. Maintains equipment in safe working
order, reports problems to supervisor and/or maintenance.
* Complies with hospital policy regarding identification badge.
* Practices Standard Precautions.
* Age-Specific Care
* Has the knowledge of growth and development for patients of all
ages. Has demonstrated competency in planning and providing care
based on a patient's age-related / developmental needs.
* Essential Functions/Job Skills
* Demonstrates working knowledge of nursing process and all
legislation that affects licensure and patient care. Relates
nursing theory and principles to clinical practice.
* Is knowledgeable of hospital and nursing policies and procedures.
Takes initiative to locate and clarify when unsure of specific
* Coordinates clinical function of Unit in collaboration with
Director of Nursing and other hospital departments. Understands
scope of position and its relationship to other hospital
* Determines staffing needs on all units. Adds or subtracts staff
according to census and acuity.
* Ensures daily patient care assignments of staff members based on
acuity and level of competency of staff are completed by charge
* Encourages maximum utilization of skills, demonstrates effective
and consistent leadership through teaching, assisting staff and
providing direct patient care.
* Assists Director of Nurses with performance evaluations of
employees assigned to unit and continuously monitors and coaches
* Recognizes unsatisfactory nursing care performance, coaches
and/or counsels employees as necessary, documents action and
outcome when counseling is warranted and continuously monitors for
* Makes effective recommendations for department training
activities and methods.
* Monitors nursing documentation on assigned shifts to ensure
optimal quality care.
* Completes chart audits to ensure completion and compliance with
* Provides employee counseling as needed to address attendance,
dress code, conduct, or policy violations. Provides HR with written
documentation signed by employee.
* Treatment Planning; ensures that a comprehensive outline of care
be delivered to attain expected outcomes; included in this plan,
specific goals and interventions delineating nursing actions unique
to each patient's needs. Provides mentoring to unit staff, as
needed, in order to meet this goal.
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal
Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of
Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports
and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion
and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics,
protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Canyon Ridge Hospital, Chino , RN, Healthcare , Chino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!