Production Line Mechanic
Company: PLZ Aeroscience Corporation
Posted on: April 4, 2021
PLZ Aeroscience is helping in the fight against Covid-19 with
our specialty products. We've been in business since 1947 and have
grown to be the North American leader in specialty aerosol and
liquid product manufacturing. And we're still growing. We're
looking to add a Production Line Mechanic to join our family
culture at our 50,000 square foot facility in Chino, CA. Our team
here primarily works with aerosols in support of the hair care and
automotive industry.Our Line Mechanics are in charge of ensuring
aerosol production lines are operating effectively, safely and are
meeting production goals.Location: Chino, CA PlantShift: Will start
on first shift (5:00am - 1:30pm), but may move to second shift
(1:30pm - 10:00pm) after training and if this shift is added at a
later date. Benefits: Eligible for benefits on the 1st of the month
after 30 days of employment.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform maintenance on production line equipment such as:
change drive belts and pulleys, add oil to gear boxes, replace
seals and O-rings on liquid filler and propellant gasser, rebuild
crimper heads, replace conveyor table top chains, and other as
- Check all components, propellants, bulk chemicals and check all
other chemicals required for production orders for your production
- Set up line equipment such as: propellant gasser, crimper,
liquid fillers, tube taper, can coder, rails on conveyors, and
other equipment as needed.
- Must be completely familiar with all specification sheets.
- Communicate frequently with the production supervisor regarding
issues that are affecting line efficiencies. Provide suggestions to
fix the issues.
- Meet with the production supervisor to review downtime issues
on a weekly basis. Help develop corrective actions to prevent
- Help record and collect production data such as: downtime, unit
count, change over times, etc....
- Work with facility mechanics on special jobs when
- Must understand operating principles of all the production line
equipment and how to change over each machine; Coordinate and lead
the effort on safe and quick-change overs.
- Communicate with line QC inspector to ensure products meet all
- Must keep production line clean and organized.Requirements:
- HS diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 3 years machine operating and repair
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English; verbal and
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and coordinate with other
- Must be able to learn how to make propellant connections from
tank farm to propellant pump and finally to the gashouse.
- Must be able to stand, bend, and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Aerosol experience desired, but not required.
- AA or Trade school certificate desired.Who we are:With over 50
years of experience, PLZ Aeroscience is the North American leader
in specialty aerosol and liquid product manufacturing specializing
the development, manufacturing, packaging and distribution of over
2,500 branded and private label products. Our products adhere to
federal and state VOC-regulated requirements and are compliant long
before implementation deadlines.If you'd like to learn more about
who we are and what we do, check out our "We are PLZ Aeroscience"
video on Youtube (1 minute long):As a matter of policy and
practice, PLZ recruits, hires, and trains people for all jobs
without regard to their race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender,
gender identity (including transgender status), age, national
origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental
disability, marital status, genetic history or information, or any
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local
Keywords: PLZ Aeroscience Corporation, Chino , Production Line Mechanic, Other , Chino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!