Product Design Enginee -l
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Scott Engineering, Inc.
Scott Manufacturing Solutions is looking for a talented and
detail-oriented Product Design Engineer who will bring fresh ideas
and new product development. A perfect candidate will ensure a
complete solution that meets and exceeds our customer's
expectations! This role ensures that all required components are
effectively executed and satisfy relevant codes and customer
requirements. The candidate for this role must have a sense of
pride, and a positive mindset, we will do whatever it takes to
power any solution!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Review of customer specifications, product requirements, and
key project data with guidance from a Sr. Electrical engineer to
meet customer approval drawings
- Ability to present project solutions to the customer and
internal stakeholders, in addition to third-party engineers to
obtain seismic certification when required
- Standardize projects, evaluate and approve internal change
requests, and assist with specification developments
- Utilize SolidWorks to create department and component drawings,
releasing the final product to the PDM system
- Provide engineering support regarding manufacturing issues, new
product launches, and technical support on technical issues
- Responsible for production release of Medium Voltage, Pad
Mount/Overhead rack equipment.
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills, and can
clearly communicate and express ideas, internally and
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to work
independently and effectively with others
- Appropriately selects and uses correct communication methods,
to keep others adequately informed in a positive manner
- Proficient in AutoCAD and 3-D Modeling Software (SolidWorks);
Product Date Management experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as
Excel, Word, Teams, SharePoint, and Outlook
- Exposure and knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC),
Utility Electric Service Requirements (ESR), ANSI C37, and UL
- Ability to promptly respond to and resolve any customer issues,
while actively seeking feedback to improve service
$62,400 - $66,560 yearly
About Scott Engineering, Inc.
Scott Engineering, Inc. (SEI), a leader in the design and
production of medium voltage pole- and pad-mounted equipment for
the American utility and adjacent industries provides customers
with complete, fully-customized power distribution solutions built
to the highest quality standards.
At SEI, we see our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) structure
as a competitive advantage. Each of our employees is a business
'owner' with a vested interest in our success. We're also proud of
our status as an MBE (Minority Business Enterprise) / DBE
(Disadvantaged Business Enterprise) certified company. It sets us
apart and makes SEI the perfect partner for organizations seeking
suppliers who comply with these requirements.
World Class Manufacturing is Scott Engineering's mentality and the
way we do that is by living our core values, supporting our
company's vision, and working together towards one common
Keywords: WizeHire, Chino , Product Design Enginee -l, Other , Chino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!