Mediation Support Specialist
Company: Honda North America
Posted on: January 21, 2023
American Honda Motor Co Description What Makes Honda, is Who
Honda has a clear vision for the future, and it's a joyful one. We
are looking for individuals with the skills, courage, persistence,
and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals. At our
core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating and developing
solutions to drive our business with record success. We strive to
be a company that serves as a source of "power" that supports
people around the world who are trying to do things based on their
own initiative and that helps people expand their own potential. To
this end, Honda strives to realize "the joy and freedom of
mobility" by developing new technologies and an innovative approach
to achieve a "zero environmental footprint." We are looking for
qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences,
continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic to join our
team. If your goals and values align with Honda's, we want you to
join our team to Bring the Future!
About this Position:
The Mediation Support Specialist provides assistance to the
Mediation Department and Mediation Specialists by researching
pre-litigation buyback and dispute cases, gathering required
documentation, putting together timelines of events, and assisting
in case managing non-complex, non-attorney and
non-hearing/arbitration Mediation cases.
Thorough research and review of all pertinent information is
required to ensure that AHM's position is reached in the best
interest of the customer and the company, and to protect all
parties from subsequent liability. Adherence to approved processes
and guidelines is important to facilitate various transactions
involving state and federal statutes. All such transactions must be
completed within specified periods, and all actions related to
assigned cases must be carefully documented. The position handles
daily verbal and written communication with customers, state
agencies, Honda/Acura dealerships, AHM Law, Executives and Field
Staff. It requires the ability to resolve delicate issues while
staying within Honda policies and guidelines, with high emphasis on
negotiation and problem resolution. The Mediation Support
Specialist must review each customer case on its merits, and apply
decision-making skills relative to customer retention, successful
mediation and buyback appropriateness, while meeting state and
federal guidelines. The Mediation Support Specialist is also
responsible for making vehicle buyback recommendations based on the
above, and on a case-by-case basis.
- Review and assess cases in relation to state lemon law
guidelines inclusive of repair attempts and days out of
- Gather all required documents for proper case
- Create highly detailed timelines of repair histories for proper
- Extensive interaction with Field and dealer personnel, Field
Technical Specialists and Tech Line to ensure accuracy in repair
- Respond to customer demand letters in terms of the
appropriateness of requests.
- Facilitate final repair attempts per state guidelines through
extensive coordination with Field personnel and Field Technical
- Coordinate DPSM and Field Technical Specialist
- Negotiate settlements with customers in the interest of
customer retention and Lifetime Owner Loyalty as an alternative to
a vehicle buyback.
- Ensure timely follow-up
- Accurate case coding to ensure TREAD and technical
- Exceptional written communication.
- Negotiate vehicle trades and replacement bids with
- Recommendations for vehicle replacement/repurchase.
- Obtain lien holder financial documents for payoff
- Obtain signed releases for financial decisions.
- Arrange for replacement vehicles with dealers and traffic
- Research and prepare Field staff for small claims court
File Compliance and Time Management
- Meet compliance and decision time allocations pursuant to case
- Complete transactions in a timely manner per state
- Ensure all cases are following timelines pursuant to state
guidelines for specific cases.
- Ensure disposal is conducted in compliance with prescribed
resolution and AHM processes.
- Monitor vehicle disposal and repair facilitation per state
- Complete buyback vehicle market re-entry for
dealer/Field/Technical Staff next steps.
Technical Training & Professional Development
- Maintain knowledge of state regulatory agency guidelines as
they relate to assigned areas.
- Keep current with vendor processes/procedures.
- Keep current with Honda/Acura vehicle technical
- Explore courses/information for personal and professional
Qualifications Who we are seeking:
Required Work Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a fast-paced environment
with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Case management and problem-solving experience, preferably in
the automotive industry
- Mediation and/or legal knowledge/experience
- Strong logic and reasoning skills
- Knowledge of dealer service operations
- Excellent verbal communication skills required
- Strong business writing skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and negotiation
- Automotive technical aptitude
- Proficiency in MS Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and
- Working knowledge of Honda systems preferred (CRRS, EVRM and
Bachelor's degree or trade school certificate in automotive
technology highly preferred, equivalent automotive-related work
experience will be considered.
Working knowledge of Kronos, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Effective communication skills, both written and
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent customer service
At Honda, you will play a key role in our journey to become a
company that society wants to exist now, and in the future. Your
endless curiosity will drive innovation and your courageous spirit
will challenge the status quo. We believe having a workforce made
up of diverse thinkers and innovators makes us a better Honda.
Respect for each other and respect for diversity each and every day
drives our associates to contribute at the highest level and work
effectively in a team environment. We make the dream of mobility a
reality with our innovative and high-quality products. Together, we
Bring the Future to our customers, associates, and communities. We
What differentiates Honda and makes us an employer of choice?
- Competitive base salary $26.15/hr to $32.64/hr
Pay will be based on several variables that include, but not
limited to geographic location, work experience, education,
- Annual Bonus
- Industry-leading Benefit Plans (Medical, Dental,
- Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time,
and personal days
- 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution
- Advancement opportunities
- Career mobility
- Education reimbursement for continued learning
- Training and Development programs
- Wellbeing program
- Community service and engagement programs
- Product programs
- Free drinks onsite
Critical Competencies: Creating Teamwork, Valuing Relationships,
Influence & Impact, Developing Self & Others, Ethics & Integrity,
Diversity & Inclusion
Keywords: Honda North America, Chino , Mediation Support Specialist, Other , Chino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!