Company: Jacuzzi Group Worldwide
Posted on: March 17, 2020
POSITION SUMMARY The Safety Coordinator/Specialist is
responsible for designing, directing and administering the
occupational health and safety function in compliance with all
federal and state laws. This individual will direct safety programs
to provide a safe working environment for employees and visitors;
develop safety programs and policies; manage the training of
personnel in all areas of safety; and ensure compliance with OSHA
regulations, federal, state and local environmental regulations.
Oversees and executes the implementation of the company's safety
policy, objectives, standards, procedures and guidance consistent
with company standards and processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each of the following essential duties satisfactorily:
- Audit, develop, implement, monitor and manage safety programs,
policies and procedures, and guidelines to help maintain compliance
with all safety regulations.
- Keep abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact
- Establish standards, promote improvement, evaluate compliance
and, if necessary, suggests action to secure satisfactory
- Supports the site leadership team with OSHA, EPA and other
regulatory agencies; accompanies inspectors during visits to
facilities; communicates results of the inspection to management
and recommends changes to ensure conformance to requirements;
Maintains OSHA and EPA recordkeeping requirements.
- Establish a Contractor Safety Process to ensure the control of
risk from external contractors.
- Prepare, maintain and update safety policy and procedure
- Lead required safety training on the following topics:
o Accident Prevention - Tags and Signs o Acetylene Fuel and Gas
Safety o Battery Handling, Charging and Changing o Ergonomics o
Fall Protection o Heat Stress o Personal Protective Equipment o
Ladder Safety o California Posting and Reporting Requirements o
Welding Safety o Machine Safety
- Create safety programs/ incentives that are tied to safety
- Identify and evaluate unsafe working conditions and recommends
adjustments to safeguard employee health.
- Perform compliance audits and risk assessments.
- Monitor and maintain log of accidents and injuries.
- Undertake accident and incident investigations. Develop a
well-executed root cause analysis to prevent future similar
incidents and is a requirement to comply with CAL-OSHA IIPP
- Leads and facilitates regular safety meetings; works directly
with supervisors and managers to implement needed safety/health,
emergency response and risk prevention engagement.
- Conducts worksite inspections to ensure proper safety work
practices are being followed; advises supervisors and employees
regarding proper practices.
- Leads the implementation of corrective/preventive measures to
eliminate out of compliance audit exceptions.
- Checks on the use of all types of personal protective
equipment, evaluates their effectiveness and suggests improvement
where needed.Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Preferred Bilingual English/Spanish
- Three to seven (3-7) years' safety and , manufacturing or
distribution experience, consumer good manufacturing environment
preferred, with progressive increase in role and responsibility,
and track record of impacting overall safety in a positive
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, with ability to
read, write, speak and effectively communicate instructions,
directions and training.
- Strong Planning and organizational skills required.
- Capable of applying innovative approaches and influence
positive behavioral changes as necessary.
- Continuous improvement and safety-oriented mindset, with a
forward-thinking approach to changed management.
- Knowledge of applicable safety regulations and best practice
with the ability to practical solutions.
- Capability to conduct accident investigation and identify
unsafe conditions, equipment, and practices.
- Knowledge of of Workers' Comp rules, regulations, procedures
- Experience performing safety inspections, monitoring and
promoting workplace safety, environmental compliance and conducting
- Proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced
- Must be able to work with all departments effectively.
- Strong problem-solving capability; math and analytical
abilities a plus.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a
- Comfort working in a production and warehouse environment.
Keywords: Jacuzzi Group Worldwide, Chino , Safety Coordinator, Professions , Chino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!