Sr. Maintenance Manager/Plant Engineer
Posted on: January 3, 2022
Amcor Rigid Packaging Sr. Maintenance Manager / Plant Engineer
Chino, CA Amcor is a global leader in developing and producing
responsible packaging for food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical,
home- and personal-care, and other products. Amcor works with
leading companies around the world to protect their products and
the people who rely on them, differentiate brands, and improve
value chains through a range of flexible and rigid packaging,
specialty cartons, closures, and services. The company is focused
on making packaging that is increasingly light-weighted, recyclable
and reusable, and made using a rising amount of recycled content.
Around 50,000 Amcor people generate US$13 billion in sales from
operations that span about 250 locations in 40-plus countries.
NYSE: AMCR; ASX: AMC Position Overview: This position directs the
day-to-day and strategic activities of a highly complex, large
plant to achieve engineering and maintenance objectives as
determined by Plant Director and the Business Unit. Responsible for
managing and overseeing all maintenance, repairs and improvement of
all equipment, buildings, and plant grounds including installation
and removal of all equipment in accordance with company, industry
and customer specifications at minimum cost and optimum efficiency.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manages team of direct reports and is responsible for employee
selection, development, mentoring, and performance management.
Responsible for overall talent management and employee engagement;
cultivates an environment of safety, high performance, and ethical
and legal compliance; addresses employee relations issues
- Ensures all employees are properly trained and aware of
potential safety and health risks in compliance with Amcor Health
and Safety requirements, OSHA guidelines and GMP sanitation
- Provides technical input, solutions and options on improving
productivity, efficiencies, and documented product quality for all
Blowmold and Injection Mold production as well as being fully
involved with the plant management team.
- Drive Continuous Improvement throughout the plant
- Establish priorities for the maintenance department to ensure
the effective utilization of all available resources.
- Recommend and implement programs to eliminate identified
problems, improve labor utilization, upgrade facilities and reduce
- Seek bids for construction, alteration or installation of work
as required. Recommends contractors based on cost, workmanship, and
completion dates. Administers such contracts, and coordinates work
performed to insure company expectations are met.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, improvement
and compliance of preventative maintenance programs and maintains
current layout of buildings and grounds.
- Oversee the Maintenance Manager to motivate and assess skills,
review and make recommendations and to ensure department personnel
are technically competent to perform job duties.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Federal, State and
local safety and health, environmental, building and fire
ordinances and standards including but not limited to lockout /
tagout, hazardous communication, machine guarding and waste
- Maintain the operation and maintenance of the facilities
heating, air conditioning, electrical and compressed air
- Follows and adheres to all Food Safety requirements within the
plant. Has the authority to stop production due to quality issues.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Engineering or
- Minimum 5 years' experience of industrial maintenance
experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reports
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistics, define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to communicate
both verbally and written quickly and effectively with all members
of the shift and management. Must be capable of managing and
training all shift personnel on an on-going basis.
- Travel 10-15% The information contained herein is not intended
to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of
the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the
skills and abilities required to do the job. We are proud to be an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age,
veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. #CB
Keywords: Amcor, Chino , Sr. Maintenance Manager/Plant Engineer, Professions , Chino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!