Company: The Everest Executive Search Group
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Our client Performance Team, a $1.2B division of Maersk, is a
progressive growth oriented National Third Party Dedicated
Logistics provider. With an extensive prestigious list of mass
retail, apparel, e-commerce and CPG Fortune 50, 100 and 500
companies. Performance Team/ Maersk has established an aggressive
strategic plan to continue to capture additional market share.
The Director of Operations directs and oversees the operational
functions of a Distribution facility while maintaining effective
and efficient service to customers with a focus on quality,
productivity, safety, loss prevention and employee relations.
Responsible for evaluating current and proposed systems and
procedures, and determining and implementing changes as necessary.
Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Role you will play:
- Develops and maintains operations business plans, productivity
and standards to include all customer/company requirements, labor
hours, equipment, facility costs, and human resource decisions to
enable organization to reach goals and focus on continuous
- Ensures operational procedures are followed for activities such
as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling
disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory
- Reviews operating reports, identifies and directs the
resolution of operational and maintenance problems to ensure
minimum costs and prevent operational delays
- Responsible for financial analysis and aggressive management of
operational expenses; manages the facility P&L
- Work closely with port management to ensure smooth facilitation
of drayage services
- Ultimately accountable for outcome of key performance
- Distribution focus: oversight of shipping/receiving,
picking/packing, inventory and VAS activities.
- Experienced in rapid carton throughput import
- Store delivery focus: unloading, sorting, segregating,
palletizing, load out, on-time delivery
- Domestic pickup and delivery functions
- Leverages continuous improvement methods to enhance labor
productivity and process accuracy while maintaining a clean and
safe work environment
- Bachelor s Degree including 10+ years of experience in a
fast-paced warehousing/ distribution environment with increasing
- Demonstrated expertise in a 3PL environment managing
multi-client warehousing and distribution facilities.
- Experience in transportation management, pick-up and delivery,
- Experience supporting negotiations for new or increased
- Experience implementing and managing key performance indicators
throughout operations and holding management and employees
accountable for performance metrics.
- Solid financial, analytical and P&L experience.
- Familiarity with Lean techniques and continuous improvement
- Experience with warehouse management and transportation
management systems (WMS/TMS/YMS).
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus eligibility
- Fully Paid Benefits package
Apply Online Below
Keywords: The Everest Executive Search Group, Chino , Warehouse Director, Professions , Chino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!