Posted on: June 20, 2022
Who We AreAtkore is forging a future where our employees,
customers, suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building
better together - a future focused on serving the customer and
powering and protecting the world.With a global network of
manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, Atkore is a
leading provider of electrical, safety and infrastructure
solutions.Who We Are Looking ForWe are currently searching for a
Plant Manager to be based out of Chino, CA. Reporting to the Senior
Director of Operations, the Plant Manager directs and manages the
operations for safety, production scheduling, manufacturing,
maintenance, and quality. This position will coordinate plant
activities through the plant leadership team to ensure
manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and
cost-effective manner. Must be bilingual in English and
Spanish.Primary Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited
- Demonstrating and promoting our Atkore values of Integrity,
Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability through actions
- Leading a culture where no accidents are acceptable in the
workplace; provide Safety and Health direction and support to
personnel; ensures compliance with OSHA and environmental
regulations; prioritizes shop floor organization and plant
cleanliness as essential to successfully running a plant.
- Driving an operational excellence agenda that accelerates the
facilities improvement curve by implementation of Lean concepts
such as SMED, TPM, OEE practices and optimizing operations for
- Developing a presence on the shop floor and working
relationship with the operators that allow for a positive work
culture and high engagement while ensuring headcount, skills and
training are aligned with global business objectives.
- Improve our customer experience by providing world class
service levels while managing inventory to a minimum level.
- Establishing and improving working capital initiatives to
meet/exceed business targets, creating a flexible asset base while
improving quality and equipment reliability.
- Establishing, maintaining, and refining performance metric
goals and objectives. Maintain and be accountable for KPI visual
reporting while actively participating in Lean Daily Management
activities, including GEMBA walks.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital,
operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets
are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment
utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals
and objectives. Hiring, performance management and compensation
- Communicate effectively using multiple formats to ensure proper
engagement of the workforce and alignment within the business.
- Building on current platforms to drive world-class
manufacturing capability and ensuring that best practice processes
are implemented to drive operational and manufacturing
- Bachelor's degree in related field and a minimum of 5 years
plant/general management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements.
- Six Sigma / Project Management experience. Black Belt and Union
experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and communications skills.
- Computer literate. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel and
- Proven experience as a mentor/developmental manager for
employees with ability to work both as a member of a team, a team
leader or as an individual contributor.
- Experience managing in a matrixed organization.
- All associates must embrace and foster and environment that
supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence,
Teamwork and Accountability.Atkore is committed to creating an
engaged and aligned workforce that drives collaborative culture.
Our team strives for breakthrough results, stays focused on being
standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company. We
consistently live the Atkore mission, strategic priorities, and
behaviors, all in a way that's consistent with our core values.
Together, we build strong leaders that continually endeavor to move
us forward.Join our team and align yourself with an industry
Keywords: Atkore, Chino , Plant Manager, Professions , Chino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!