FORKLIFT OPERATOR - WEST COAST DISTRIBUTION CENTER - CHINO (FULL TIME 35+ HOURS)
Company: Navy Exchange Service Command
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Come work for us and help support our mission by providing
customers with quality goods and services at a savings and to
support quality of life programs for active duty military,
retirees, reservists and their families.
Operates a forklift and other material handling equipment in the
receipt, warehousing, and shipping of stock and supplies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates forklift capable of lifting up to 10,000 pounds as
high as 168 inches to move, load or unload, transfer, transport,
stack or unstack palletized goods, boxes, crates, merchandise,
materials, and supplies from one location to another.
- Performs one or a combination of the following warehousing
duties: Selects for shipment or transfer designated stock by
proceeding to area, finding stock and verifying information shown
on shipping or transferring document against that on stock tags or
bin bags; determines from which stack or bin items are to be
removed; removes stock, assuring that proper quantity and
nomenclature of selected stock agree with information contained on
- Moves items selected to designated location.
- Receives merchandise, supplies and equipment from vendors or
manufacturers by unloading trucks, vans, freight cars; moves items
by handcart, conveyor, or similar conveyances; checks items against
receiving documents, making notation on same, and reporting
discrepancies to supervisor.
- Places identified stock in appropriate temporary or permanent
storage locations according to specific oral or written
instructions and established methods.
- May sign for merchandise received.
- Warehouses palletized or bulk stock according to specified
locations; restacks and straightens warehouse items; sorts out bad
containers and periodically checks bays, bins for mixed stock or
incorrect locations; corrects or notifies supervisor of
- Assists in taking inventories by determining quantities on
- May operate the forklift to load vans for shipment overseas,
including checking weighing arranging/selecting merchandise,
following established methods and procedures.
- Works under the general supervision of a designated supervisor
who makes assignments and issues instructions relating to the
- Work is checked while in progress for the arrangement of
materials moved, and upon completion for compliance with
- Normally works inside and outside in cold, damp, drafty and hot
areas. Is subject to injury from falling objects, collisions,
shifting loads and overturning of truck.
- Associate must receive Hazardous Material (HazMat) training
within 90 days of hire per Department of Transportation
Shift: Monday - Friday 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., with occasional
By choosing to work for the NEXCOM Enterprise, you will enjoy one
of the best benefit packages available anywhere:
- PAID ANNUAL AND SICK LEAVE
- MEDICAL/DENTAL INSURANCE
- FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- PENSION PLAN
- 401k SAVINGS PLAN
- LIFE INSURANCE
- TAX FREE SHOPPING PRIVILEGES
This position is covered by American Federation of Government
Employees, Local 3723 Union Agreement.
One year of experience performing warehousing related duties such
as receiving storing issuing shipping operation of manual material
movement equipment etc. or similar work that provided the knowledge
and skills to perform the duties of the position.
Substitution of Education for Experience:
- One year of high school education may be substituted for 3
months of general experience up to a High School Diploma or GED for
one year of general experience.
- One year of experience including work that demonstrated the
ability to operate a forklift and other material handling equipment
in the receipt warehousing and shipping of stock and supplies.
- Uses moderate physical effort while performing the various
maneuvers involved in the operation of the forklift truck.
- Performs work on hard surfaces that requires standing, stooping
and bending in a tiring and uncomfortable position.
- May lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds with
Keywords: Navy Exchange Service Command, Chino , FORKLIFT OPERATOR - WEST COAST DISTRIBUTION CENTER - CHINO (FULL TIME 35+ HOURS), Professions , Chino, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...